Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The List...

http://lilisnotes.com
Only two more days, well more like one and a half days, until November 1st!  How have I done on my October goals?  Well, I could have done better, but I know I did as much as I could.  Trying to work 40 hours a week, take care of 4 daughters while my husband works out of state, and trying to get a business up and running, not to mention the homework, cooking, cleaning, driving, school plays, and practices.... I'm lucky to get any anything done at all.

At some point a few months ago I quit writing lists.  I used to be a big list writer.  I would make lists for everything.  And if I did something that wasn't on the list but should have been, I would write it on and then ceremoniously cross it off.  This way I could see the full measure of what I had accomplished.

But, within the last few months I have become so busy and the lists so long and unorganized that I felt incredibly overwhelmed and for some reason I simply stopped making them.  I just quit writing things down, quit putting things in my calendar, and even deleted the notes on my iPhone.  I'm not sure how much this helped me.  I have mixed feelings about it actually.  

On the one hand it did reduce my stress somewhat.  I focused on a few core goals instead of the very, very, very long list of every single little thing.  I was able to accomplish a few of my goals even without the lists.  However, I now realize that by letting go of the lists there are probably things that I'm forgetting to do.

Now the question is... Do I create a new list?  Here is the bare bones list of where I need to start:

Home
LeapFrogVA
Your REVA
REVA Trainer
Church
Coaching
·  Christmas shopping 
·  Thanksgiving planning
·  Cleaning the house
·  3 Costumes for play
·  Holiday schedules for kids
·  Halloween costumes
·  FB Page for Casi’s Business
·  Family Calendar for play practices and schedule
·  Website
·  Add Paypal link
·  Merchant account
·  Blog
·  Marketing
·  Social Media Calendar
·  Blog post calendar
·  Research
·  New Client Plan
·  November Goals
·  Pick winners of FB Contest and create headers
·  Make MY new header for FB
·  FB header for Broker
·  Brand
·  Website (draw up for Harbertsons)
·  Paypal Link
·  Merchant account
·  Blog
·  Marketing
·  Intro Video
·  Email marketing letters
·  White pages and/or Report for list
·  FB Page for realtor
·  Hire VA to help?
·  Brand
·  Website(draw up for Harbertsons)
·  Paypal Link
·  Merchant account
·  Blog
·  Marketing
·  New VA Training
·  New REVA Training
·  Advanced REVA Training
·  Write program
·  Choose music
·  Schedule program and practices
·  Special Numbers
·  Speakers
·  Signup Sheets
·  Sessions
·  Planning
·  Calls
·  Complete worksheets
·  Find Partner
·  Find Web Person
·  Find Copyriter
·  Year End Goals
·  Next Year goals
·  RE Classes
·  Update Listing and Closing List



Notice I left out the majority of the stuff I do as the mom, accountant, housekeeper, organizer, scheduler, referee, animal trainer, landscaper, chef, and shopper for our home and remaining 4 daughters.

http://rantscollege.blogspot.com
And notice my husband missing from that list.  You see, he works in Idaho right now, and he will be moving to New Mexico at the end of November for 18 months.  I will get to see him two weekends a month instead of one when he moves to New Mexico.

The other thing you will notice is that I am missing from that list.  Nothing on any of my lists ever includes me and what I want to do.  I want to read, play my flute, exercise, sleep, get my nails done, catch a movie...but there is already way too much on the lists.

Believe it or not, those aren't the only lists! I also left out the other 6 column list that includes confidential client information and to do stuff for the 9 real estate agents I'm currently assisting.  And the other 3 columns I have started for the new agents I've picked up in the last few months.  Plus there are a few other virtual assistants I am helping with their businesses.  (They are helping me by providing me with direction on my training program I'm going to someday, in my spare time, create. haha)

Today I am not feeling well and am very stressed about the very long list of things I need to do.  Man!  Do I need a partner!  Right now I'm just me.  No one helping.  I have mentors, and awesome people I can go to with questions and for help.  But, I have to do all of the work myself and it is just too overwhelming.  I know I can make this thing work.  But how?

How will I ever get it to work if I only have 15-20 minutes a day to build my business?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics