Monday, July 30, 2012

Controversy

While reading about how to get more followers to my blog I came across an article that said I needed to say something controversial to get people to comment on my page and then follow me.  I don't know that I can do that all the time.  I mean, after reading some of the comments on Facebook about the Chick-fil-A thing... or Mitt Romney and/or Obama... I'm not sure I really want those types comments here.  People are just crazy sometimes!

Then, today my son posted the following picture on his page.





There were hundreds of comments about this on the page he got it from.  I was shocked!  Let me share a few of these gems with you.
  • "focusing on 6 things at a time is what everyone who isn't mentally challenged.  11 is high though"
  • "dont forget more prepared for zombies"
  • "I drive like I do in grand theft auto. Thankyou video games."
  • "It's very true I drive ALOT better since I play videogames a little bit more than before I got better reactions as well and quick reaction time !" 
These are just a few thoughful comments, written exactly as they were on Facebook.  Some of the responses were very long and surprising.  Some agreed and some disagreed.  Funny thing too is that there are people correcting other peoples grammar and their grammar was wrong while doing it. 

I see the same thing happening whenever there is something political posted.  I just don't understand some peoples responses to some of these things.  I never realized that there were so many angry people in the world.  So many people who want to make themselves seem better by making others feel stupid.

You may wonder what my response to my son was since he posted it and added, "This is for you mom!".  Well, I'll start out by telling you that my son is 20 years old and he has a great job.  He is an amazing kid, a wonderful son, and just an overall fantastic person.  He is loved by everyone who knows him.  He also, I think, is not living up to the potential he has.  When he was 6 he wrote a letter to Lego asking what he needed to do to have a job there when he grew up.  Now, he doesn't want to work for Lego, but he would like to be a game developer.  I want him to be the best he can possibly be no matter what he chooses to do.  I want him to succeed in every aspect of his life.

This was my response:  "That's awesome son!  Now that you have accomplished so much and grown and improved yourself while playing video games you can get out and be a huge success at real life!  Good job bud!  Love you! ;) I know you can do it!"

His response: "Dangit... She always has a valid comeback..."

What a great boy!  I can't wait to see what he does with his life!  I love him so much!!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics