Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Mom + New Business + Husband ALWAYS out of town = Single Mom Starting New Business

I'm trying to start a business.  Some days it's all I can think about.  I mean, who isn't tired of being poor?  Who wants to be part of the 2% that make it and don't have to live pay check to pay check?  ME!  I do!!  Ooo! Ooo! Pick me!!  Pick me!!  Know what I mean?

Anyway, this weekend I had a lot of work I wanted to get done on my websites.  And amazingly enough I actually got it all done!  Totally Awesome!

It literally took me all weekend and Monday to change both sites over.  But, it was worth the effort and time.  I love the creative part, but the technical part is all still very new to me.

I changed my blog over into something completely different.  It used to be an extention of my website and had basically the same information.  But now, it's doing to be a place where real estate professionals can come and write articles and be a part of my "rolodex."  And prospective clients can come and get their real estate questions  answered, without a sales pitch, and find an agent if they would like to.  Take a look and let me know what you think. 

www.leapfrogva.blogspot.com

www.leapfrogva.com


Today, I'm trying to figure out how to optimize them so they will go to the top of the search lists.  Wow!  I thought I had a lot of work cut out for me when I was building the sites.  Now, I'm in an entirely new learning curve, and it isn NOT very fun!  Let me tell you!

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table, after working all day, cooking dinner, and cleaning up dinner, and the dog is barking her head off, the kids are watching a movie and saying "MOM" every ten seconds and I'm reading this:

"You should know that Google recommend XHTML Semantics. Good sites are well-organized and easy to surf. When you use the semantic markups such as heading tags you are specifically highlighting to the search engine bots, ..... "
From this website: http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/must-see-seo-guide-for-all-wordpress-bloggers/

Well, I've read that paragraph about 10 times.  None of them without interruption...  And now I've given up for the night!  I have NO idea what they are talking about at all. 

I just hope my sites start making some money someday soon and I can make enough money to be home full-time.  Then I hope to make enough money for my husband to be home full-time too!

Night everyone.  Yawn!!!  Soooo tired!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics