Saturday, December 26, 2009

My daughter said, "strike a pose mom" and this is what she got. We were taking pictures of all of the girls with Frosty before putting the Christmas stuff away.

Yep, it's true. I have a thing for snowmen. Pictures of them, statues of them, cuddly ones, skinny ones, tall ones, even movies about them. I collect them and my collection is getting bigger each year. If there is any question about what to get me for Christmas a snowman will always do the trick.

Don't get confused though. As much as I love them, I don't like making them. Sadly, I live in Utah and it snows like crazy here sometimes. Driving by them and seeing how creative people are with them is great. But me and cold don't mix very well. Watching from a window is fine. As long as I have a heating blanket, a cup of hot chocolate (with marshmallows), and the right to criticize the outcome, I’m there!

I am an expert in case you were wondering. When I was a kid we lived in Gaithersburg, Maryland. One year it snowed over 4 feet in just a few days. We dug tunnels all around our back yard. It was awesome! And my brothers built a snowman so big they had to stand on the shed to put on the head. Thus watching in amazement while my brothers created the biggest snowman I have ever seen created a monstor. They had no idea what they were doing to me when they put that 9th ball on top of the snowman and then a scarf, eyes (from real coal), a carrot nose (which seemed incredibly small), and little tiny sticks for arms with mittens (my mittens by the way).

Oh well, add snowmen to the list of things I love. Another secret reveled. Believe me there are lots more where they came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics