Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bad Back

• Why is it that when my back is out the kids think they can climb all over you?

• Why is it that when your back is out you have tons of lifting to do?

• Why is it that when your back is out no one is around to give you a good back massage?

• Why is it that when your back is out and you do find someone to rub your back you then smell like a track field?

• Why is it that when your back is out you feel like a 90 year old woman?

• Why is it that when your back is out everything that needs to be done requires movement?

• Why is it that when your back is out your back is out and there isn't much you can do about it?

• Why is it that when your back is out you have all of these plans to make it stronger when it's better but when it feels better you don't do anything to strengthen it?

• Why is it that your back has to go out at all?!?



So...my back is out. It hurts down my left leg all the way down to my knee. I need to help Becca pack. I need to keep up with my house just in case someone comes to look at it. AND I have children climbing all over me!

Since I threw my back out the first time right after Sommer was born (13 years ago) I have had a very hard time with it. It hurts almost all the time, but sometimes it hurts really, really bad, like the last two days. Then there are times when I do the silliest things and it literally goes out and I can barely, if at all, walk. For example:

A few years ago Annika had some chips and I didn't want her to have them. She ran under the kitchen table where I was sitting. Without thinking I put my head under the table really fast from a side angle. I had to be carried to the living room and was there for almost 2 days. Then I had to have physical therapy for the next 3 weeks.

Once I threw my back out shaving my legs in the shower. That was funny, not!

Several times I have thrown my back out walking my dog. That was embarrassing and painful since I was outside and had to try to walk normal.

Once I threw my back out walking on a path in Switzerland. The first day! I got lucky that time and after laying down for several hours I was up and running again.

Sunday I was reading my scriptures during the sacrament. After I went to put my scriptures back in my bag, but ooopps I didn't uncross my legs first. That's right...threw out the old back. I sat through the rest of the meeting in pain. After the meeting I waited until the room was almost empty and with as much dignity as I could muster and with the help of my daughter and unbelievably in high heels walked to the car. It was really fun trying to get in and out of the van.

It kinda worked out well though because I was able to spend time reading the conference talk from the November Ensign that was used during a talk. This time I could make notes, ponder, and read it with a lot less pain.

My back hurts.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics