Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sleep Goal


Obviously right now I can think of nothing but sleep.  I got to bed about 4:30 a.m. and then woke up at 6:00 and couldn't go back to sleep again.  Wide awake after 1.5 hours of sleep.  Something is definatly wrong with me.  I had a headach but wasn't even groggy.

My daughter comes into my room every night and says she can't sleep.  My response is go lay down and stay awake.  Don't think, "I can't sleep,"  "Why am I still awake?" "How can I get to sleep?" "I can't sleep." "I can't sleep!" "I can't sleep!!" Instead try to stay awake.  Hold your eyes open as long as you can. 

I don't lay there and think "I can't sleep" because I know it only makes things worse.  Usually I'm so tired I can't think about anything.  Which should make things better right?  I don't know how this is supposed to work anymore.  I've tried taking a warm shower, drinking hot chocolate, reading a boring book, watching a boring movie, holding my eyes open, relaxing starting from the toes up, and trying to think about nothing.  (One of my favorite quotes is, "Tell me what you are thinking when you don't have to think and I'll tell you the kind of person you are.")

So today I bought new sheets and pillows.  Let's hope that the fact that I am so tired right now I can almost not bare it, the sheets and pillows, and the High School musical "Charlie Brown" we are going to tonight will encourage the peaceful bliss I so long for.

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics