Friday, February 26, 2010

My Short Story

A CONVERSATION

“She cries!”

“Well, hello to you too.”

“She just cries. She comes, she cries and then she leaves.”

“Of course I’ll come in, thank you. Sure, I have time for a drink, Pepsi would be great. I’d love to sit down, thank you. Now that all of the pleasantries are out of the way, what and who are you talking about?”

“The girl who was leaving here as you were coming in, all she does is cry.”

“The girl that was leaving as I was coming in? Oookay. What does she cry about?”

“I don’t know what she’s crying about. That’s the problem. She doesn’t talk anymore, she just cries.”

“I’m confused. What do you mean by ‘she doesn’t talk anymore?’ Has she talked to you before?”

“Of course she’s talked to me before, why would I have said ‘anymore’ if she hadn’t talked to me before?”

“Calm down. Wow you are really upset about this. Sit. Let’s start from the beginning.”

“Well, about a year ago this girl … let’s call her, um, Claire … Do you know anyone named Claire? Good, let’s call her Claire. -- About a year ago, this girl, Claire, started coming to see me.

At first, she would talk to me about her family. -- Her parents and brother died a short time before she started coming. I thought that was why she was here. But, I’m not so sure about that now. There has to be more than that. There are huge gaps in her memory.

 "She’s very quiet and reserved. It took her a while, but soon she started giving me details ......  

(If you would like the entire story let me know.)
“Go on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics