Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WIDE Awake!!!

3:04 a.m.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous! Why can't I sleep? I'm not even tired during the day. I lay down and for at least an hour just rest. I really do rest.  My mind goes blank and I feel so relaxed.  Then I "wake up" and can't go back to sleep. It might as well be noon right now! 

I've tried reading, watching a boring movie, writing my blog, thinking of brilliant ideas that I will surely forget by morning, and planning the day tomorrow.  All of which should put me right to sleep.  But NO!

A few years ago I actually lost my hearing.  I just woke up one morning with a 90% hearing loss.  For several months I even wore a hearing aide.  Then after visiting a neurologist I was told it was from lack of sleep if you can believe that.  He prescribed Ambien and told me to sleep as much as I wanted for the next few days.  I did.  I slept almost all of the next few days.  Once I got into a deep sleep I was finally able to actually rest.  Then, my hearing came back.  Weird! 

So, if you find that I can't hear you one day, get me to bed immediately!  Take care of everything else, get me some Ambien, and keep it quiet.  Maybe in a day or two I will be back to normal.  I hope it doesn't take drastic measures again.

Can't Sleep Poem
Jill Tesch's Blog

3 'o'clock
Why can't I sleep?
I toss and turn, I sing I read
Why can't I stop worrying?
Those sheep don't work
And the house to quiet
I light my candles and silently sit.
My feet are frozen
I crawl back in bed
And curl up in a ball
I am exhausted
But for some reason
I can not sleep at ALL!

So, now my blog is so boring maybe I can sleep.  Good Night.  I hope.  I have to get up in about 3 hours!

3:21 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics