Thursday, January 07, 2010

Bedtime, Showers, and Laundry

There are a few things better than others about bedtime. One of my favorite things is to have a shower and wash away the problems of the day right before bed. Clean, fresh, smelling all good, being warm, and clean jammies make for good sleeping. There is one problem with this luxury. Children. No matter when actually, children will bang on the door when you are trying to relax. So you wait until after they are asleep which usually is about 10:30 p.m. or so. By then of course you are too tired to do anything, so you rush. That is not relaxing at all.
Tonight I'm staying up to do laundry. I kinda like staying up to do laundry. I can't sleep anyway so I feel like I'm being productive while not sleeping. Benefits? No one can undo my folded clothes. I can get some reading, journal writing, TV watching, and other things done. And it gets done in a timely manner.
Now you might think that staying up to do laundry is crazy and not productive at all. It is crazy and productive. You see, during the day I forget to change the laundry. Then by the time I get to it I have to do a wrinkle release or sometimes it is the next day and I have to wash the clothes in the washer again. If I'm lucky on a good laundry day I can get 3 loads done. If I do it at night I can usually get 5-7 loads done.
Yes. I have that much laundry when my son cleans out his bedroom that has started smelling smells you didn't know were possible.
Tonight I need to do at least 5. Then I will be done! hahahaha!!!!! That's funny. Getting done with laundry is an impossibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics