Friday, January 22, 2010

Sleep


I haven't been sleeping well. Actually, I haven't been sleeping at all. Most of the time I get into a slim state of sleep. My body doesn't know what REM sleep is anymore. Have you ever noticed that the more tired you get the less you can sleep. I think your body goes into some sort of survival mode and just keeps on going, and going, and going like the energizer bunny. Then, when you least expect it you stop moving. Little white tail and all. The drum even stops beating. I know, because it's happened to me before.

Last night I was up until about 4:00 a.m. Yep, and I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to get the kids ready. It's weird. I was literally wide awake. The night before that I was up until 3:00 a.m. I used to go to bed at 8:00 every night and be asleep by 9:00 easily. I'm someone who really needs sleep otherwise I can't function. Things start to fall apart all around me. I don't remember the last time I went to sleep before mid-night. That isn't good. I can sense the bunny slowing down...help me I'm slowing, slowing, slowing! "What a world! What a world!" I feel like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz. I probably look like her too. When I turn into a puddle I'm awfully hard to scrape up off the floor.

Usually at night I get my creativity out. I can practically write novels, screen plays, draw awesome pictures, and imagine so many things. But lately night-time seems to be a sad thing instead of the good one. Instead of looking forward to resting and forgetting for a while I'm wide awake and all alone. I don't want to eat for fear of getting fat. I can't read. I don't know why. I just feel like being a vegetable.

Oh well. Tonight they have 5 cake decorating and sugar sculpture competitions on the Food Network and I have a few movies I have been wanting to watch. So, I'll be here and there is an 95% chance I'll be awake all night.

Just kidding! Tonight I'm going to take Ambien and actually sleep before the battery is so low it starts to rust! Believe me you don't want to see me when my battery is rusted. It isn't pretty. And the floor isn't either!

Good Night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics