Thursday, January 07, 2010

Phone Wallpaper

I changed the wallpaper on my phone yesterday. I was so excited when the kids showed me how to do it a while ago. They also taught me how to take pictures, change my ring tone, make videos, get onto my e-mail, and all of that fun stuff that a small little phone can do. If I knew how to take it from the phone and put it into the blog I would. (Except for the really embarrassing ones. Like when me and my sister-in-law were fencing on the WII.) I'm sure my kids can help with that when they get here. Something to look forward to? We'll see. I personally think that kids these days are born with a microchip in their brains. It helps them use all of the technology we have today. And thank heavens they are also able, however unwilling, to help people like me who struggle with anything outside of Microsoft Office (which I help them with by the way) and the Internet. Maybe part of it is the fact that they get a kick out of watching the faces I make while trying to figure something out. And for some reason there is always a short cut I didn't know about so they do allot of eye rolling too. My 6 year old knows more than she should about how to get into the games she likes to play. And she is very good with a mouse. When I was a kid my mother didn't know how to use the Atari we had. (If you don't know what that is you are way too young to be reading an old woman's ramblings.) We thought she was so funny. It was easy right? Well, that system is so old and not even close to what we have today it is hilarious to my kids. Anyway, since I got my phone in November I have changed the wallpaper often. Each kid gets a week. I take some pictures of them and they can choose which one gets the staring roll on my phone. They love it and look forward to their week. They even like looking to see which picture I have of the other kids. They are all bummed that this week is a picture of a friend, not them. You have to realize at this point that I have tremors. They are a huge part of my life. When I'm cold, nervous, or trying not to drop something it gets messy. You would have thought that my kids would be used to it by now, but every night at dinner they say, "Mom, you're shaking". Then they laugh. What's really sad is that when I'm cold I can't move my lips. Also, I'm emotional or embarrassed they move too much and tend to sort of jerk. I took a picture this week. Actually I took 3. One of them is so blurry that anyone who didn't know what it was a picture of would ask what it was. The other is blurry, but the last one is pretty good for an old shaky woman. So, I made it my wallpaper. I wasn't thinking about the fact that every time I look at my phone I would see that picture. It's good and bad. I also didn't realize how many times I look at my phone each day. But, no matter the feelings I get, the wallpaper on my phone is awesome. One week of each person I care about. Then we will see where we go from there. Maybe a picture of a motorcycle (a red one) or pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics