Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trip to AZ

Before I left for AZ I had to pack for everyone, plan the trip and what we would be doing, AND have the house perfect before we left. I stayed up until 3:00, no biggy, trying to get things ready. Then in the morning the little girls came home and all heck broke loose. All of the sudden everthing I did to get ready was undone. They were unpacking things, unfolding blankets, messing up their rooms, going through the food that was layed out, and in general creating a real problem.

We were planning on leaving at 9:00 after my daughter finished her math test. But we didn't actually get out of town until 12:00.  We finally got here at 12:30 a.m.  We had to stop about 6 times for the girls.  Between fights, moving seats, eating, fights, bathroom trips we added an additional 3 hours to our trip. 

I didn't have any trouble staying awake because it was like noon to me.  I actually had a very hard time going to sleep when we got here.

I can't believe how much the same it is.  Really.  I have been gone over 12 years and it still looks exactly the same.  I ran into a friend from high school the other day and even though he was a head taller and his hair is shorter he looks the same. 
 
I drove by all of the places we used to live and by all of my friends homes.  It took about 1 hour.  I didn't have any trouble and felt like I had never left.  I took my 9 year old daughter with me and she kept saying, "We are out in the middle of nowhere!"  We were if you didn't know who lived in the houses and what was over the next hill.  This is a very small town.  About 4,500 people if I remember right.

It's so weird.  It's like I never left but am here only in a dream.  I can't even explain the feelings I'm having here.  It is so weird!  I have nothing to compair it to.

I do know that I could never live here again.  Even though the houses are less expensive and I may have an easier time getting a job, I could never live here.  I don't know how I survived it the first time.

It is so windy here.  The two towns are called Eagar and Springervill.  The community is called Round Valley.  It is surrounded by mountains and the wind gets trapped and just goes in circles.  I don't know why I even bother fixing my hair in the mornings.  Even a ponytail gets ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics