Monday, April 05, 2010

Gymnastics

My 6 year old daughter decided one day she wanted to do a cartwheel.  Two days later she could do a perfect cartwheel in both directions.  While she was talking on the phone one day she started doing one handed cartwheels.  She's always been very flexable and can do the splits in any direction.  Lately she's been trying to do handstands, walk on her hands, back and front handsprings, and just about anything else she can get her body to do or that she sees someone else do.

I've been wanting to get her into gymnastics but can't afford it.  Today I was able to have a high school friend of mine who teaches gymnastics show me how to spot her to learn new tricks.  She was very surprized at how well my daughter could do.  She had one of her other students show her how to do a round off.  She watched twice and then did it almost perfectly.  She has natural talent and a great desire to do it.  As soon as I get back home I'm going to find a sponsor for her and get her into classes.  I am amazed at her talent and skills every day!

We are going to be able to stay in AZ longer so my daughter will be able to go to a real gymnastics class on Thursday night! She will love that and I will video tape it for possible sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics