Sunday, April 11, 2010

What's up with....

On-line dating is so strange. I mean do you know anything about the people you are considering talking to?

Do you send them a note/flirt? Or, since they looked at your profile and didn't send you one do you assume that they aren't interested in you? What if you run into them at the grocery store or something? How weird would that be?

And what's up with everyone putting pictures of their kids? I want to protect my kids from everything I guess. But what if you are out somewhere and you see the kids from a picture and it turns out they are friends with your kids? I don't know, I just find it strange.

And what is up with the "flirt" and "I'm interested" stuff? Is that how things are outside of the Internet? Do you send up a smoke signal or wink at someone and hope that someone will send one back?

How much do you tell someone? When is a good time to meet in person? What if they can't carry on a conversation and things get dull? If I keep asking questions and getting single word or short answers what am I to do then?

What if he doesn't like me and doesn't tell me? And why doesn't anyone say anything back when you send a message? An actual message with questions and comments about what they said in their profile. Is it just me no one wants to talk to?

I think it is courteous to let the other person know, "Hey you are too young, too bald, too weird, too this or too that and sorry but I'm just not interested." Then we both know where we are. I mean it is part of the non-face to face interaction that allows that right? What if you were to meet and then tell them in person? Wouldn't that be worse? Maybe being ignored is better.

And how weird is it to see other people you know on the site? My Dr. is on there and two good friends are on too. I find it rather weird to see them while searching. I wonder how they feel when they see me on there.

This is all too confusing, but what are the other options? Walk around a hardware store looking a men's left hands as they walk by, then checking them out, then trying to get their attention? I would rather just walk around the hardware store and look at all of the amazing stuff to buy! I would rather be in Home Dept rather than any clothing store.

Who knows? No one! Oh well...it's the sacrifice we make so we don't have to be alone...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics