Thursday, January 03, 2013

Kissing and 2012

2012 was supposed to be the end of the world.  Well, it's a very good thing it wasn't.  I wasn't ready!  There are still way too many things to learn and do!

What I learned in 2012:


Having a loving husband who likes to kiss and touch is the best thing in the world!  My husband is affectionate to perfection!  He holds my hand when we are driving, when we are walking, when we are just sitting and talking, in private and in public.  He puts his arm around me and holds me.  He kisses me tenderly before leaving for work, when he gets home from work, and just whenever he feels like it... which is very often.  I won't go into details, because that's not the kind of blog this is, but let me just say that 2012 is the first time I've had a husband who is affectionate for an entire year!  And it's wonderful!  I encourage all of you to find it.

Now, here's a great place to post some quotes from other sites that have great ideas on how to help, but I honestly laughed out loud at some of the articles that I've read on how to have a more affectionate relationship   They were just down right funny!  So, here's where you all chime in.

What suggestions do you have for those who don't have an affectionate marriage?

How can we encourage our husbands to be more affectionate?

Let's hear what you have to say!

A few of my suggestions...


Be more affectionate yourself:  When you are talking by your husband reach out and touch him.  Put your hand in his hair, touch his shoulder, let your hands just find him and make that physical connection.


Plan dates!  This is huge!  Especially if you both work, or if there are children, or both. Schedule a time to go on dates each week, or at least every other week.  We don't have a lot of money, so a few weeks ago my husband made me dinner at home.  He bought some sparkling cider and candles!  He came in the house and walked me out to our fifth wheel where he had everything all set up.  He has spent all day cleaning and organizing and planning.  It was very, very romantic!


Let's hear what others have to say.  How do you make your relationship affectionate?

Let us know your suggestions AND questions!

Be sure to like my Facebook Page and Join me on Twitter!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hi! This sounds silly, but my husband LOVES it when I sit and watch soccer matches with him. The key is not doing anything else (like paying bills or texting) while I am with him...I have to remind myself to do this, but it works every time. Thanks for the ideas. Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been married for twenty six years and I think that there has to be a blend of techniques that are just as unique as your spouse is. I agree with all of your suggestions and will add just a few more key ideas. Giving each other space is what can also bring you closer. You can be in the same house but, you don't have to be on the same couch to be considered close and in tune. And appreciate the little things often. It is so easy to do many small kind gestures in a row if they are simple and genuine. A mere smile goes a long way. Non-verbal communication is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen, nothing is silly when it comes to making sure your marriage works. One of my goals for this year is to put down my iPhone and spend more time actually looking at my husband. When I get board, I automatically pick up my phone and check my social media. It's part of my job to stay up on things and make comments for agents, so it's a time consuming job. And a bit addicting.) But, my family (and husband) need to take a higher priority. My family has already noticed a difference, and it's been nice.

    Great idea to share in their interests for sure! Even if it's just being there, they appreciate it so much.

    Excellent tips Veronica! It's so true that we all need a little space sometimes. I know for me and my husband we have promised to tell each other when we just need a few minutes alone. Nothing wrong with that!

    Plus appreciating the small things is VERY important. This morning I took out the trash because my husband forgot last night. How sweet that he called me to thank me for taking them out. It was no big deal really and I didn't give it much thought, but him saying thank you was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to go on more dates with my husband this year. One thing we try to do every year is to have a romantic getaway for a weekend. My parents watch the kids, and it really helps us to reconnect as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to do that also Susan! Getting away for a weekend can be so rejuvinating!

    ReplyDelete

Counter



Web Analytics