Wednesday, January 02, 2013

My Amazing Daughters

As you may guess from my photos we are a mixed family, His and Mine.  I can't write about his daughter or sons, but I can tell you about mine.  (They are all OURS, but you know how legal stuff is sometimes...)  Be assured however, that even though I don't write about "his" daughter and sons, I love them very much and consider them my children also.  They are wonderful children.  Also let me tell you that all of our children get along really well together and that has been a true blessing!

My oldest daughter had to create a blog and get a certain number of people to visit it for her webdesign class last year.  She thought it would be fun to have a site where her and her sisters could showcase their talents, so she named it "4 Talented Sisters."  It was a pretty big hit within our Facebook circles for about a month.  But, I still look at the cute videos they made and put up all by themselves.  I'm very proud of all of my children, but here are 4 of my talented daughters.






My next daughter is a writer.  Here is an excerpt from one of her books.  (She wrote this when she was 12)

The Great Door

"Why did I agree to this?" I think to myself as I reach the floor of the cave. "To feed myself? Maybe. To have an adventure? More likely." The thought encourages me as I turn to help the others prepare.

"Its dark." We hear Alfred say in a half-hearted moan.

"We have flashlights you know." Russel glares at Alfred and give him a flashlight from his pack. I realize Alfred is right when I turn and stare into the seemingly endless tunnel, its darker than it should be. I notice that Russel sees it too when he turns to see what I am up to. "Its just a tunnel." he says reassuringly.

We start walking carefully stepping over all the large rocks and roots scattered across the floor.

"Where are we going?" Alfred asks. But no one answers...no one knows.

As we walk we slowly, one by one, put our flashlights away, it was getting light enough to see. The light was green so none of us thought that the light was from the end of the tunnel. Up ahead I start to see the source of the mysterious green light. A great round door with a powerful green light shinning above it.

"Now what is that?" says Russel in a wonderful questioning voice. He walks up to it putting his backpack on the ground, not looking away from the door, and turns the wheel that was attached to the center of the round door. Suddenly we hear a loud crack and the door swings open....

Want to read more?  Go to 4talentedsisters.blogspot.com

My oldest has better recordings of her playing the piano, but we are still trying to get them to upload to YouTube.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics