Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Don't just think it! INK IT! (Or write it in a blog for the world to see!)

I've had some trouble getting this post started.  I have so many ideas and thought going through my head.  One thing I keep thinking is that I haven't written down any goals for 2013! I think I better do that today.  So here it goes.


What were my goals for 2012?  Honestly I can't even remember.  A friend of mine achieved her goals and she is an inspiration to me!  She is a very strong person and one of the people I look up to and admire.  Not only did she set and accomplish an outstanding goal, but she is a personal chef!  How cool is that?  Last night she posted that she had gone an entire year without soda pop, candy bars, donuts, cake, brownies, cookies, and pie!  Now, THAT is impressive!



I'm wondering if I can be as strong as her.  Maybe I'll try it for a month then see?  NO!  Okay...here it is!  My FIRST New Year's Goal for 2013!  I'm not going to drink any Soda Pop or eat any candy bars, donuts, cake, brownies, cookies, or pie for ALL of 2013!  I totally believe that you need to have an amazing support system to accomplish such a goal.  I know Tina did.  Her family is awesome!  The best news is that I also have an amazing support system!  My husband is amazing and so are my children.  I couldn't ask for a better support system!



I've seen and heard this saying in different ways over the last few days.  It's an interesting concept really.  You hear people say, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."  Yep!  True.  So, now today...Tuesday of all days... is the first day of 2013 and the first day of the rest of my life.  Time for another goal.

Something I've been wanting to do for a while is to get back to my journal writing.  When I was in High School and up until I had my first child I wrote in my journal every single day.  Even if it was just one line, I wrote every day.  I have about 6 journals all full of pictures, thoughts, events, and other things.  But, for the last 3-4 years or so I haven't written at all.  I think journal writing is very important.  Therefore, Goal #2 is to write in my journal every single day for the next 365 days.  I believe that will get me back in the habit!


The most important goal I'm making for this year will be for my loving husband!


I can tell that it bothers my husband that I am on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media so often.  He may think that I spend more time looking at my phone or the computer than at him.  I don't think that, but I wonder if he does.  There must be something to that if that's what I've been thinking.  So, for him, I make my 3rd goal!

 I promise my loving, sexy, amazing, fantastic, body building, patient, kind, inspirational, forgiving husband that I will spend more time looking at him than at my phone and computer.  

This will be hard considering social media is part of both of my businesses, and since I work at home it will be something I'll need to work on constantly.  I love him more than I have ever loved anyone, and I am willing to make any sacrifice to make him happy.  So, even though he hasn't ever complained and he is very supportive of my businesses I will make this promise to him.  Starting NOW!

What are your goals?  Please share with me!  Either here on my blog or on my new Facebook fan page HERE.

P.S.  Does "no candy bars" include M&M's?  Oh dear!  I'm in trooouble!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you are making your husband a priority. I know how easy it is to get caught up in social media, especially when it is an integral part of one's business and so easily accessible from our phones, iPads, computers, etc.

    My biggest goals involve growing my client base to capacity, outsourcing some of the things I'm not as good at, doubling my income again this year, and most importantly, focusing on being present in whatever I am working on. If I am with my kids, I want to be completely focused on my kids and not my phone. If I am with my husband, same thing. If I am working, I want to focus on working and not whatever the latest post someone made on FB was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! I'll need to spell out my business goals on my other website. The ironic thing is that I need to do MORE social media for my businesses to help make them more successful. I may end up outsourcing that part of my business. Having conflicting goals like that could be a detriment to both goals.

    Good luck with your goals as well! I like the way your put that you are going to "focus on the present in whatever I am working on." Very well said! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Really great goal to give up soda and chocolate! Soda is just not in any way beneficial for the body. Leaches calcium from your bones. I gave up soda 15 years ago and have not missed it at all. Water is a great thing to replace soda with! Go for it! All the best. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy! You are an inspiration!

    Remember though, I am not giving up chocolate totally... I'll still have an occasional chocolate milk. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you posting your goals!
    Here's what sprang out at me though - you say no cookies, etc for the whole year!
    How about rationing them instead - you have to have some pleasures for it to be maintainable - everything in moderation!

    I'm a raving chocohlic so I eat it in moderation, I would never plan to go a whole year without! What do you think?
    Cheers, Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Gordon, you will notice that I didn't put chocolate milk, hot chocolate, or Nutella! hehe I'm a chocoholic also! I can't give up my Nutella!!

    ReplyDelete

Counter



Web Analytics