Wednesday, January 09, 2013

MaDnEsS!!

Sick of Paperwork (Click photo for Link)
As you know, I'm a real estate virtual assistant.  I help real estate agents with their paperwork, marketing, blogging, social media, whatever they need help with I can do!  This time of year they are usually very busy.

My 8 agents sold over 170 homes last year and are, of course, wanting to do more this year.  That's a lot of paperwork!  (Shhh... I LOVE doing paperwork!  Kinda crazy I know, but I love it.  Feeling the folders beneath my fingers, getting an office set up to go paperless, making sure things are organized, making sure I can find and send off an Addendum on the fly gives me shear pleasure!  I love taking care of my agents!

Well, on top of them selling houses like crazy already this month, I'm trying to help them get ready for taxes.  I wasn't their assistant last year until May so all year they have just been shoving receipts into a folder.  This I knew, but wasn't sure if I would be helping with tax stuff yet so I didn't say anything.  All year I've been getting them to go paperless and getting the office organized.  (Teaching them how to work with me as their new addition.)  They haven't had an office manager for several years and were way unorganized!  Now, I'm going through the receipts and accounts, getting everything on Quickbooks, and getting them organized from 2012 and preparing them to be better prepared for 2013 so this doesn't happen in 2014.

People Trail (Click photo for Link)
I believe that having a paper trail of everything is THE most important thing any business owner, real estate agent... okay EVERYONE should have!  I like to scan and organize everything digitally so I can have access to it anywhere.  I have everything on a thumb drive that I take with me, or on my Evernote, or in a Dropbox. Depends on what it is and if I want it on the web, or if I'm going to share it with others.  This has saved me time and time again!

Here is my question to you... How do you keep track of receipts, bills, financial stuff?  For business or personal?  How do you keep yourself organized?  I would love to have some new tips I could use!  I'm always looking for great ways to stay organized.  Also, if you have a project you need help organizing, share it and we will all give you tips on how you could get it to work better for you.

Share you favorite organizational tip!  About anything!  Even if it doesn't have to do with paperwork...like toy boxes, trunk of your car, "junk" drawers in your kitchen, kids homework...anything.

Be sure to follow me on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The loving the paper work part? I dig that, hush, hush! Although I'm not a businesswoman, I'm so crazy about organizing. What I know is something that everybody already knows. I keep filing boxes and folders with all sorts of labels in our library. Sorry I'm not much help but please know that your post was really helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Counter



Web Analytics