Saturday, May 15, 2010

Crashed family party

All morning we worked in the yard (which looks amazing and pictures will come soon) and got the house cleaned up. The kids were great and helped tons. Especially my 6 year old who was helping "because she wanted to go" to the store, library, and my sister-in-laws (SIL) house. After the store I wanted to go home, but all of the kids wanted to go to "SIL's" house. So, since they were so good at the library and the store I said we would go for an hour. After all, we had called earlier and asked if she minded if we could come for a while.

We love going to her house! Every time we go we have tons of fun. She and her family are pretty terrific. We are very blessed to have them in our family and especially having them so close.  Bonus...my brother was home.  He works away from home a lot so we don't see him very often.  But today he was home.

Anyway, when we got there we found her there with her brothers and her sister and their spouses. They were having a family dinner. They had all brought something to share. We felt a little weird because they aren't "technically" our family and we had "crashed the party" so we were going to leave. They convinces us to stay and I'm glad they did.

While we were there the subject of school and scholarships came up. I was very interested and during our conversation one of the sister-in-laws (SIL2) took me over to the computer and showed me where and what to do to apply for scholarships. It was amazing! She gave me tons of information and offered to help in any way she could. Her and her husband had just finished the process and were applying all over the place. So she knows what she's talking about.

Long story short...family rocks! Even family of family of family...whatever. And when invited to stay, when prompted to go, and when you are/feel loved, you are blessed! We are blessed.

Scholarship applications here I come!!!! (Fun times! Well, we'll see anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics