Saturday, May 01, 2010

Rain and Umbrella's

Come on.  Seriously.  Why do people duck when it rains?  Do they think they won't get as wet?  Do they think it will evaporate before it gets to them?  Do they think they can doge the drops?  I admit it.  I've done it too.  I only do it because everyone else is doing it.  Peer pressure!  I can't take the pain...I mean the rain!  The rain!

Some people even duck when they're under an umbrella.  Now that I don't understand.  I get that sometimes we duck because we are cold or the wind is blowing.  But in general have you ever noticed that we duck? -- Like I said, I,m a ducker.  But I'm trying to quit.

And why does it always rain when you have somewhere important to go, have to go anywhere in the first place, or you have to wear nice clothes, and why especially on good hair days?  It's ridiculous!  I can understand putting your hand or something else over your head, especially bangs, to keep your hair from getting wet.  Do that and add ducking and you will definitely avoid the rain.

What good is an umbrella when you're in a crowd with other people with umbrella's?  If you're the one on the bottom you're good to go.  If not, then everyone else's rain falls on you more than if you didn't have an umbrella.  Well, it falls on your feet anyway.  And instead of coming down small drops it comes down in large gushes. Second hand rain can drench you for sure!  And there might be dust coming off the umbrella.  Yuck!  This is one time being on the bottom is good.

In the movies when you see a crowd of people with umbrella's the umbrella's are always black.  Why is that?  Don't you find that strange?  Conformity?  Peer pressure?

What if you're with a friend and they have an umbrella and you don't and the umbrella is too small for both of you.  Do you huddle together?  Does one of you walk far enough away that the umbrella doesn't drip on you?  Is there such a thing as umbrella educate?

Can you really fly away while holding an umbrella?  Will it turn inside out if the wind blows hard enough?  Why is it always either broken or lost when you need it?  Should you take the kind you can fold into your purse or the kind you can use as a walking stick?

I like the umbrellas that are clear on the top.  It's hard enough to hold an umbrella when you're walking toward the wind.  To be able to see is another story.  I think they only make those for children.  Too bad.  I guess I'll take my black one.  Or maybe I'll take my red one just to prove I'm not a conformist.  Even better, to show my true self, I'm going to take the clear one my daughter has.  The one with the little frogs on it so everyone knows I love frogs!  And it's too small for anyone else to walk with me.  I will stand out for sure!  Next time it rains we will all have little clear umbrellas.  I will set the standard!  Then I think I'll start using black again.





And for Heaven's sake, 
Why does a  frog need
an umbrella?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics