Saturday, May 15, 2010

Showing the House and Boiling Water

For the past few days we have been under orders from the City not to drink the water.  We have had to boil water to drink.  Which, by the way, is Nasty!!  We were also careful to use the tap water to wash dishes unless we ran it through the dishwasher with high temperature water.

On Wednesday while driving by the store the thought came to my mind to go get a FEW cases of bottle water.  I though, "I know you're thirsty, but give me a break."  Then while driving back by after getting the kids I had the very exact same thought.  Later that night I felt really stupid!  Why didn't I listen?  So we had only boiled water that night and the next morning.

Yesterday morning my daughter and I were in another City and stopped and got some water.  Then today we were in another City and got some more.  Now we have 6 cases of water.  I was so proud!  We were blessed to find the cases because I guess there are other City's with similar problems right now.

We had people coming to look at the house today.  Because of the water thing we had some dishes on the counter that we hadn't washed because the dishwasher was full.  We wrote a note for the "lookers" about the situation.  Turns out they really liked the note and it actually helped with the viewing.  Cool!  (I wouldn't recommend leaving dishes out.  But I do recommend honesty.)

When we got home from SIL's* house tonight we had a message on the phone that said the tap water was fine to drink now.  Can you believe it?  At first I was a little annoyed then I realized that having bottled water is really, really important.  I don't always get it because of the expense.  We have a water purifier and thought we would be fine.  But then I realized that I learned something and now I have 6 cases of water for my storage, not just the two large barrels out in the back.

Most importantly I learned once again to listen to those little thoughts or you may regret it later. 


*See previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics