Thursday, May 06, 2010

Other Blogs

I've been looking at some other blogs.  If you can believe it I found a link that has links, and some have even more links, that actually have sites that are interesting.  Some anyway.  Very few actually.

The following is my personal preferences.  This is just me rambling thoughtlessly.  Don't be offended if you are one of the few that have blogs like these.  K?  OK?  Really?  Are you sure you don't mind?  Well OK then...here we go.

It drives me crazy when I open a site and immediately music starts...and my kids had the speakers up all the way..and it's not something I would listen to or that doesn't go with the moode I'm in.  I don't mind blogs having music, I just think that you should be given the option right at the top to listen or not to listen.  That is the question.

Also, when I go to a site that is all ads with very little content I find it very distracting and I click out immediately.  I don't even go to any of the links.  Sad, but true.  I realize that those ads generate income, but if I can't even concentrate on one thing, maybe two, then I click out.  Sorry guys.

The sites that have links, with links, with links.... are not my choice either.  I click out of those quickly too.  Again, same with the generating income, but there has to be another way.  Yesterday I was looking for a calendar for my computer desktop.  I spent 20 minutes looking.  I found some pages that were full of links at the top but if you scrolled down a little it actually had what they "thought" you were looking for.

(I gave up and my son did the searching for me...see my previous post.)

I read on one persons blog about how they "re-blog."  I didn't know you could do that.  What she meant to say was that she took her previous entries and re-entered them, or copied them, or did both and made changes.  I think it would be easier to create a link and suggest/encourage my very few readers to enjoy the past with me.

For example...uhm...This page is thrilling!  Check it out!

Thrilling!

After you went there you would come back to this page and say, "What? Thrilling?"  Then I would say, "Yep.  When I looked back at my history I didn't even know it was there.  Ha!  Learned something new everyday." (All comments are welcome.)

While laughing loudly I would then say...ummm...try this one instead it's "spillicious!" You would hesitate.  But the curiosity would drive you nuts all day until you finally came back to check out what's there.  You know you will.  Come on.  Everyone's doing it!  (Viscous Smile)

Spillicious!

Because I didn't think I could get you twice I actually put something interesting, or at least interesting to me, in the link.  I hope you enjoyed my "re-blog!"

One thing I won't do is put pictures of my family up.  This is my site for selfish reasons.  The name I use here isn't real.  The pictures of me as a child and of me in High School are real.  If you can identify me by looking at those pictures, you must already know I'm crazy.

I will, however, put pictures of my favorite things up.  Some which are, the color green, frogs, kokopeli, Coke, and random insane thoughts.  I also like to use some clipart in my entries for a little more interest.

Check out my links page to find some of the more interesting sites I came across today.

Have a thrilling, spillious day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics