Monday, May 10, 2010

HTML

I have come to the realization that if I'm going to find a good paying job that will support my family I'm going to have to go to school and learn programing and design skills.  I have an appointment with a school that helps mom's like me do just that.  They actually find the scholarships for you.  The don't send you off with a packet and the name of a website.

I've worked on this page and learned some code by myself.  Tonight however, I haven't had any luck!  I accidentally deleted my navigation links.  I forgot how I did them so I had to spend time working on that and making them exactly like I wanted.  It took some work, but I think it looks pretty good.  So, I said to myself.  "Self.  I bet you could figure out how to make the buttons glow or highlight or change when you hover over them."

"HA!"  Is what I should've told myself.  I've spent the last 3 hours studying two books and using the Internet to try and figure this out.  I doesn't look that hard.  All of the code I found is very similar.  I just can't get it to work.  I'm trying to use images from paint.net for the hovering.  The images are now at photobucket.com.  All I have is the code that directs the link to the page with your image on it.  I could probably make some text highlight but that isn't nearly as cool.

I think now, at 1:36 a.m., I'm going to turn in.  I might just have to get some help with this one.  Once they show me how I'll know it and won't have to worry about it.  Then I want to learn to do pull down menus! Wouldn't that be awesome!?! 

The final project?  Complete an actual real full on website. (First I have to find something to put on it and something to use it for.)

I have to get up at 7:00 a.m.  Only 5 hrs and 20 mintues to sleep.  If I can sleep that is.  I'm tired right now, but that may change while walking upstairs.  Oh Please!  Please let me sleep!


*Take note....this message may have been a little distorted by the fact that I'm so tired.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter



Web Analytics